Pits of Seth was a fun little Dungeon Crawl, the first game I even attempted in Excel. While it’s certainly not polished, it was a lot of fun to play and I spent many hours going deeper and deeper into its random dungeons (and often never returning).
Someday I’m going to make a bigger, better version of this. Someday. But for now, enjoy.
Pits of Seth 2 is the above game souped up to reflect more Excel tricks. Now you have sounds, better graphics and much better game play.
To install, do the following:
- Make a folder and unzip all the files into it.
- In the folder, click on pitsofseth.ttf and install this font in your computer.
- Read the instructions in the “Readme” word doc. If you’ve played POS before, you’ll have a pretty good understanding of what you are up against.
- Play (execute the PitsOfSeth excel folder.
- When you are done playing, close the window using the “X” in the upper-right. Save so you keep your last position.
Download: PitsOfSeth2 (version 2.1 – Win7/8 sound compliant